Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Disputer (Single Mom Issues Sundays)

       As a single mother like many, I rarely have anyone to depend on besides my mother. To take of my children in my absence as I strive to better their lives. I don’t get to see them much, but I try my best to implement in them what I feel will make the upstanding individuals in society. I expect my mother to reinforce my teachings………
       I have scoured the internet looking for advice on how to deal with my mother, and in my opinion her very disruptive parenting techniques. Although her heart is in the right place when expressing herself in front of my children, in regards to the way I’m raising them. Her delivery can be raunchy and too explicit for a very impressionable, 11-year-old 5-year-old and 2-year-old. Not that she uses profanity but everything isn’t for children’s ears.
      I feel like she’s trying to turn my children against me by allowing them to do things I don’t want them doing.  Not only that but while I’m verbally chastising my children she finds it funny to say “Diva Please as if you didn’t do the same thing as a child.” Giving my children justification in their eyes to outright disrespect and disobey me something has got to give.
     So you can’t disrespect you mom, but it’s ok for your mom to disrespect you. In front of your children, in front of your peers, at a party, and on the street. Whenever and where ever she sees fit. Most importantly in front of your children!   This leaves space for doubt. Are her intentions truly pure or just an evil plan, to turn my children into “little heartache minions”? That is the worst thing to think. Yet when the bad out weighs the good what are you to do. So I go back to a previous question. Can you keep your children away from their grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment