Tuesday, August 16, 2016

              Apologies for skipping out on you all yesterday. I was stretched extremely thin,there were many things that occurred I'm not sure where to start.I'll just pick one. So let me tell you all about it. My 3 children ages 11,5,and 2 years old spent 3 days with my mother. I picked them up only to receive a call an hour later... She was ranting and raging calling my 5 year old son a thief and a liar stating "HE STOLE LYRIC'S TOYS!!" I calmly expressed that he did not as I was the one who packed his toys away. (Now I'll tell you who Lyric is on another day "it's deep.") So we went back and forth for about 2 minutes about said toys.Until I grew tired of it and hung up. Now this is my solution to ending arguments via telephone "Hang UP".
            I asked my daughter "Cheala where's the bag of toys Nana is referring to?" She immediately knew what I was talking about. "Oh mama I put it on the top shelf of the bookcase because Samir couldn't focus and get his clothes together." I called my mother back gave her the location and she vaguely said, "Oh okay I got it" and hung up. I was extremely bothered as she had just put my five year old child, in what I like to call the "Horrible People" category. 5 minutes later she calls back and say's in the most detached manor. "I'm sorry", I hung up.
         Yesterday morning she posted on a social media outlet. Something to the effect I'm paraphrasing "Loving you children doesn't mean that you, shouldn't teach them to respect others property Where's my toothpaste?". She then (A Grandmother) tagged my eleven year old daughter in the post. I vowed to never let them go to her house again because I feel like she's breaking them down before they even have a chance to learn themselves. As this is not the first time she's approached my children on an adult level.

The Questions of the day are as follows
1. Do you think I'm wrong?
2. How far would you go to protect your children?
3.How would you have handled the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment